Most people around the world enjoy playings game on Windows 7,8,10 computers; it is simple and easy. Xbox One is one of the best video game consoles that aid Microsoft’s application. It has to be joined to your Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. You can join it in both modes: wired and wi-fi. However, you have to understand that many computer video games permit you to use an Xbox Controller. You could quite simply plug-in an Xbox 360 controller by way of USB and experience taking part in your favorite video games. Just like all different USB contraptions, the Xbox 360 controller requires drivers to work on your computer.
On occasion, your Xbox 360 controller may all of a sudden malfunction or stop working. This is not only a frustrating occurrence but can also be a serious threat to your success in a particular game.
In this article, we will guide you on how to troubleshoot and solve Xbox controller driver problems. In this guide, we detail methods that will get you back to your game in no time!
Errors of Xbox One controller driver
- Xbox controller driver not working error
- Blinking buttons error
- Play and charging issues
- Steam issues
- Errors with wired Xbox 360 controller
Also, Read Akamai Netsession Client Interface
How to Fix Xbox Controller Driver Problems on Windows 10
- Open Device Manager.
- Press the Windows Key + X key and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Navigate to other devices section and expand it. Right-click the unknown device and select to replace Driver software from the menu.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now click on “Let me opt for from a record of gadget drivers on my laptop”.
- You will see a list of device drivers. Select Xbox 360 controller and click “Next”.
- Select the state-of-the-art Receiver driver that’s on the list and click “Next”. When you get a warning message, just click “ok” and watch for the driver to install.
- Now you just have to hold the pairing button for your Bluetooth receiver and on your Xbox 360 Controller for about 3 seconds and wait for them to pair.
How to Fix an Xbox Controller Driver Problem for Windows 7
- Insert the installation CD or DVD into your computer.
- Browse to CD or DVD in “My computer” on your Windows 7 laptop.
- Double-click the CD to auto-run the setup.
- If it doesn’t auto-run, open the CD directory.
- Find the setup application with the .exe extension.
- Double-click on the application and look for the set up reveal a pop-up.
- Now follow on-display guidelines for whole the setup.
Also, Read Windows Modules Installer Worker
Reinstall Xbox 360 Controller Driver for Windows 10
- Press the Windows key and X key at the same time. Click “device manager”.
- In the device manager window, click on “View choice”, then select “show hidden devices” from the options list.
- After this step, a lot of devices that were previously hidden will show up. Go to “Universal Serial Bus” and to find the Xbox 360 Drivers.
- For some users, it will be under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, while some users will find it under Universal Serial Bus Devices.
- Right-click on the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows and choose “Uninstall”.
- After to be prompted to confirm, so mark the checkbox “delete the driving force software for this device” and press ok.
- Now, restart your computer and when it restarts plug in the device “Xbox 360 controller”, then Windows 10 will routinely install the lacking driver.
We hope you understood the methods we described in this article and that they were helpful for you. These are the best ways to fix Xbox controller driver issues on your Windows laptop. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box. Share this with your friends, family and all the other gamers you know!