Twitter has been one of the most popular social media platforms to date. It is also the best place to get updates on your favorite celebrities, influencers, or even from leading news media platforms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As the years go by, it has become one of the most popular platforms to share pictures and memes. Although it’s nice to like and retweet the pictures to save for later, it’s better than we have our own copies on our phones. This way you do not have to dig through your Twitter account when you want to find a photo again.
Though storing the pictures on your phone is more convenient, saving pictures from Twitter is not as straightforward as one may think. However, we are here to help with that! In this article, we will be teaching you how to save Twitter pictures on any device you own.
Understanding Copyrights And Crediting Pictures
Before we proceed to give you instructions on how to save pictures from Twitter, we must give you a bit of understanding about ownership and crediting the pictures that you save. The reason for this is because some Twitter users do not wish to have their photos reposted elsewhere.
Here are some things to do before saving and reposting a picture
- Follow the original poster.
- Send them a DM or reply to the tweet that you would like to save the picture or repost it on another site Wait for their response.
- If the person says they are okay with it, then you are free to save and repost. Just make sure to credit the person by linking them to the original Twitter post or provide the link.
- If ever the person does not want to have the pictures saved and reposted, then don’t proceed. You can save the pic for your personal use, but you must not repost it anywhere online with respect to the original poster. You can provide the original link to the original post instead.
How To Save Twitter Pictures To Your PC
The easiest and most basic way to save pictures from Twitter is through your PC. Here is a step by step guide for you to save images.
- Go to the original Twitter post.
- Click on the photo to show it on full-screen. You can’t save the pictures when it’s in the standard post mode or in its thumbnail.
- Right-click on the photo. Then, save it to the folder where you want to store it.
Sometimes one Twitter post has more than one photo. You can just repeat the same method.
- Once you have saved one picture, keep it on full-screen mode, then click on the arrow button to proceed to the next photo. You can actually use the arrow keys on your keyboard as well.
How To Save Twitter Pictures On Your Android Phone
For you to successfully save pictures from Twitter to your Android phone, you need to have the official Twitter, or Twitter Lite app installed. Download the app from the Google Play Store before proceeding.
- Go to the Twitter post.
- Select one of the photos that you want to save to enter the full-screen mode.
- Select the three dots then select save.
- Once the app has prompted that the image is now saved, you may proceed to your photo gallery and search for the saved image. Usually, you will find the photo in the Twitter folder in your phone’s gallery app.
How To Save Twitter Pictures From iOS
Here is the guide for those who use Twitter on your iPhones. Before proceeding, you must make sure that the Twitter app is installed on your phone. You may download the app from the Apple App Store.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Proceed to Privacy then select on the option to allow Twitter to access the photo app.
- Open the Twitter App.
- Go to the Twitter post with the photo that you want to save.
- Touch and hold on the image. If the menu pops up, then press save.
- When the app has prompted that the image was saved, you may proceed to your photo gallery to find your saved image.
That’s how you save Twitter images on all three devices. We hope this guide has been helpful to you!