If you want to how you can download Kik on your computer, you are in the right place. With our guide, the process is easy and it only takes a few minutes to start talking to your buddies through Kik Messenger on your computer. In this article, we will detail multiple methods that will allow you to download Kik on your laptop or desktop computer.
Kik Messenger is an immediate messaging app that was developed by Kik Interactive, a Canadian corporation that released the application in October 2010. This software makes use of your cellphone’s connection to Wi-Fi or internet. The application allows users to send text messages, pictures, and videos to anybody else who has a Kik account. Kik messenger is extremely useful for international communication without all of the expensive fees.
Kik is very similar to other social messaging apps like WhatsApp and Viber. However, Kik has certain features that customers prefer over other applications. While other platforms require users to provide their cellphone numbers to register, Kik does not ask users to do this. You can create your account on Kik simply by registering your email and choosing a username that you like.
Features of Kik Messenger
- Typing notifications: It tells you when others are typing so you can keep calm and wait.
- Add-ons: An impressive and diverse add-on library.
- Built-in browser: You can share addresses directly into conversations.
- It blurs certain messages in a way that effectively lets you see them when you need to.
- Kik will never ask for your phone number to register.
- If you are disturbed by anyone, you can block other users’ messages.
- Kik allows you to download every kind of video.
- Kik offers a unique code to each user in the app. This code is like a Qr Code so that you can connect with other users in a second.
Also, Read iMessage for PC
How to Download Kik for Your Computer
Below, we will give you step-by-step instructions for several ways you can easily download Kik Messenger on your computer.
1. Download using BlueStacks
- First, download BlueStacks on your computer.
- After completing the download process, install and launch BlueStacks.
- As soon as BlueStacks is launched, click on the “My Apps” button inside the emulator.
- Search for Kik.
- When you find the search result, install it.
- Sign in to your Google account so you can download apps directly from Google Play on BlueStacks.
- Once logged in, the installation process will begin automatically, if your computer settings allow for that.
- When the installation is complete, you will be able to use Kik Messenger.
2. Download using Chrome Extension
- First, open Google Chrome on your computer and type “chrome extension for Kik” into the search bar and press enter.
- Google provides a link, select it.
- A new web page will appear on your display, in this web page click on the “Add to Chrome” button. Clicking this button will download and install Kik.
Also, Read iPhone Emulator for PC
3. Download using Leapdroid
- First, download Leapdroid.
- After completing the download process, install the file. It is a large file and would need time to install.
- Sign in to your Google account and access the Google Play store.
- Next, search for Kik Messenger in the search tab.
- Select Kik Messenger and install it.
- Run the application, create an account and start chatting.
Pros of Kik:
- This is Free; Kik will never charge you or ask for a paid subscription.
- It has a big library of accessories.
- Using the in-app browser is easy and convenient.
Cons of Kik:
- No call blocking feature.
- Not secured for a private conversation.
- Very poor quality calling
Also, Read Force Quick Mac
At its heart, Kik Messenger is very straightforward. You can amplify your conversations with any add-ons you desire. Kik is a savvy alternative to WhatsApp Messenger. Though the browser feels like an afterthought, it will in all likelihood be better once the messenger’s popularity increases.
These are the best ways to dowbload Kik Messenger on you computer. We hope our guide was clear and helpful for you. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box. Share this guide with your friends, family and coworkers so you can stay connected when you are near and far!