One of the most common problems for users of Windows is not being able to connect to a printer. Primarily when users attempt to utilize external devices, the “Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable” error is quite familiar. Often times, users are not able to print the final part of a printing job even when the prior steps were easily accomplished.
Many customers say it is only a Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 error. However, we have come across customers that use Windows 7, who are additionally facing the same error when trying to print. The “Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable” error is a frequent issue for users of all Windows systems.
In this article, we will guide you on how to remove or solve the error in simple and easy methods. Follow along with our steps in this guide to get back to printing!
Also, Read How to recover unsaved word document
Methods to fix the “Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable” error
Follows the methods below to resolve the error.
Also, Read How to Check Ram
1. Check the network installation
- First, press the Windows key and R key together in order to open the run command.
- In the search field, type control and then press Enter to launch the Control Panel.
- Set the view type to Large icons.
- Now find the Devices and Printers option and click on it.
- See if your desired printer is listed; if it is, then double-click on it to assess if it is connected or not.
- If it is not shown in the list, then click on the “Add a printer” option after which you can select your printer from the list to add it.
2. Granting access to PrinterPorts and Windows
- Press the Windows key + R key at the same time to launch the Run application.
- Type Regedit in the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Once in the registry editor type: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion.
- Right-click on Devices and select Permissions.
- Select your account from the list and click on all checkboxes underneath the column of “Allow”. Make certain that no object is checked underneath the column of “Deny”.
- Complete the same process for the entries of PrinterPorts and Windows.
- As soon as all processes are accomplished, restart your computer and verify that the error has been resolved.
Also, Read How to Delete Photos from icloud
3. Restarting Print Spooler Service
- Open the Run command pressing the Windows key +R key at the same time.
- Now type services.MSC and click OK.
- Next, scroll down to Print Spooler and investigate whether it’s is walking and Startup variety will have to be automated.
- If not, right-click on Print Spooler and open its Properties.
- Then, start the service.
- If it is already running then, stop it and again start it.
4. Log in as an administrator
To begin, you need to ensure that you are logged in as an administrator. Next, the easiest thing to do is to troubleshoot the printer. To try this, perform these steps:
- Press the Windows key + W key on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Now type troubleshooting.
- View all and select Printer.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to continue troubleshooting.
Also, Read CleanMyMac 3 Activation Number
These are the best methods to resolve the “Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable” error. Hopefully, these methods were helpful and are no longer having issues connecting your computer to your printer. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box. Share this guide with your friends, family, and coworkers to help them sort out their printer problems!