If you are a Google Chrome user and you might be getting the “server DNS address Could not be Found” error message while you try to access certain websites. Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 users may sometimes be unable to access some websites on their web browsers. This is a common error message that happens when the domain identifies servers that are unavailable.
If you don’t know what the “Server DNS Address Could Not be Found” error is, don’t worry! This article will discuss explain it. When you attempt to visit a website, the first thing that occurs behind the scenes is that the browser contacts the DNS server. Many times this DNS contact can fail, which results in a frustrating error message. This limitation occurs when a domain you are attempting to enter is down, the DNS server is down, or your regional cache is returning an older IP handle.
Also, Read Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working
Methods of DNS Address Could Not Be Found Fixes
Follow the methods below to address the “DNS Address Could Not Be Found” error.
1. Clear Chrome’s Host Cache
- Open Google Chrome and click on the Menu icon.
- Now select “New Incognito Window”.
- Copy and paste chrome://internet-internals/#dns into the URL bar and press Enter.
- You will see a Clear-Host Cache button. Click it.
2. Change your DNS server settings
- press the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- Type “control panel” in the empty box and click “OK”.
- View by small icons then click “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Now click “Change adapter settings”.
- Right-click on the connection icon, then click “Properties”.
- Click “Internet Protocol” then click “Properties”.
- Do one of the following crucial steps, depending on whether ‘acquire DNS server handle automatically’ is already selected.
- If “acquire DNS server handle automatically” is not already selected, then select it and click “OK”.
- If “acquire DNS server handle automatically” IS already selected, choose to use the next DNS server option instead. Then, enter the following server handles and click “OK”. Server handles: 1. Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 and 2. Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Check to see if the problem is resolved.
Also, Read Widevine Content Decryption Module
3. Restart DNS client service
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Run.
- Type “services.MSC” and click “OK”.
- Find the DNS Client.
- Right-click on it and select “Restart”.
4. Look Up IP and Add to Hosts File
- Click begin or press the Windows Key, choose “Run as Administrator”.
- Click File -> Open and browse to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Select All records, then find Hosts and open it.
- Add the IP handle to the bottom of the file on this layout: 127.Zero.0.1 domain.Com.
- Exchange 127.Zero.0.1 with the IP you will have copied prior and the area with the area you queried by way of the link above.
Your computer will now make an attempt to gain access to the site. If the web page still will not open, then it is, as a rule, a problem within the particular website.
We hope the above methods are useful for you in troubleshooting your problem. We listed the best ways to fix a “DSN address could not be found” error. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box. Share this article with your friends, family and coworkers so they can reach the websites they need to access!